- Job Type
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing National Security business as a .NET developer to work in central London. Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not Security Cleared presently you must be willing and able to qualify for the process
· Design, code, test, debug, and document programs, and assist in the implementation of components which form part of a properly engineered software solution / system / product;
· Follow design patterns and coding standards to produce high quality code to be shared and collectively owned by the development team;
· Experience of source control systems, with continuous integration and deployment workflows and parallel, branching development;
· Experience of Agile software development methodologies e.g., SCRUM and the involvement in task decomposition, estimation and planning for user stories and requirements;
· Carry out peer reviews (e.g., code reviews, design reviews);
· Analyse code defects using the appropriate tools and produce appropriate code fixes;
· Understand how to design and code for performance and scalability, and how to analyse poorly performing components;
· Show a detailed understanding of the mainstream development libraries;
· Build and configure personal development and test environments;
· Use normal operating facilities, diagnostic tools, technical manuals, test scripts and systems documentation to identify, diagnose and report on system errors;
· Help to produce testable software by designing suitable logging and diagnostic information into components and liaising with test engineers;
· Design and develop appropriate unit tests.
Mandatory Skills and Experience Required
As well as experience in the above areas, candidates must be able to provide evidence of technical ability in all of the following areas:
· C# .NET 4.5;
· Entity Framework 5 and LINQ;
· ASP.NET MVC 5 and WebAPI;
Additional experience in the following areas is highly valued;
· The Atlassian suite of bug tracking, wiki and collaboration tools
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: UK Services
UK Services delivers IT Services and Consultancy to Applied Intelligence clients based primarily in the UK. We divide our clients into 3 market segments; National Security, Government and Enterprise Services. We differentiate ourselves through recognised expertise in Data, Security, Digital Media and Business Solutions.