Big Data Engineer
Job Role: Big Data Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Big Data Engineer - Permanent - London - Excellent Salary!
Our client is looking for security cleared Big Data Engineer to work within a scaled Agile team developing a big data analytics ecosystem. Experience working in a customer-facing role is desirable, with the ability to openly communicate, think creatively, collaborate, and influence when necessary.
The multi-disciplined Agile team contributes to the rapid cycle of sprints that include the customer within the team. The team solves a variety of data-centric problems and is based around developing software products, so experience of solving problems of a data-centric nature using the latest software technologies is desirable.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- Bring innovative thinking to the analysis of Big Data.
- Bring analytical rigour to the analysis of Big Data.
- Be a go-to expert (Subject Matter Expert) on particular techniques in the team, accessible to both team members and to the customers.
Key Accountabilities for Big Data Engineer :
- Accountable to the Solution Architect team lead for the scientific and statistical basis of the products.
- Accountable to the customer and other stakeholders for engaging with them to understand their underlying problems, communicate technical concepts and demonstrate prototypes.
- Accountable for definition of cleansing and modelling techniques.
- Accountable to the team for being creative and finding opportunities to incorporate new ideas into the products.
- Maintaining focus on key customer challenges in a high pace, leading-edge environment.
- Maintaining situational awareness of state of the art in data science technologies in a fast-changing ecosystem.
- Defining techniques for cleansing and modelling complex data with subtle relationships - eliminating unwanted artefacts but not disturbing the underlying relationships.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent.
- Experienced in one or more data analysis techniques such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, statistical analysis, Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience of tools suitable for rapidly prototyping techniques such as Matlab, Python.
- Interested in emerging data analytics tools and techniques, with your finger on the pulse of what is happening in the world community.
- Experience of tools for analysing datasets such as R, Python, Hadoop/Spark.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Open Source techniques for Big Data.
- Enthusiastic and willing to work flexibly to be part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills.
Desirable Experience for Big Data Engineer :
- Experience of working in an Agile team.
- Experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
- More general systems engineering design and implementation processes.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.