Senior Systems Engineer
Job Role: Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: Excellent Salary & Benefits!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Senior Systems Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary & Benefits!
A fantastic opportunity to join a brand new Cyber Engineering Team, contributing to developing mission critical applications and systems as part of growing team working alongside world class partner organisations.
Main duties of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Requirements elicitation and decomposition with the customer and the wider (including Partner) teams;
- Use Case capture and validation;
- Defining requirement compliance and acceptance criteria prior to system and component sign off;
- Maintaining requirements traceability;
- Systems level detailed design;
- Researching and resolving system design issues;
- Provide interpretation of requirements and design into the component design and implementation;
- Conduct Trade Studies between different system/component solution options;
- Validating design documentation from partner teams;
Senior Systems Engineer Essential Skills:
- Experience as a Systems Engineer in software intensive programmes covering the Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
- Definition of requirements via use case modelling
- Requirements management
- Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large scale information systems
- Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and work closely with project management to deliver to time, quality and cost.
With additional experience in some or all of the following:
- Understanding of definition and implementation of system performance metrics
- Data Modelling
- Technical management of partners and subcontractors
- Integration and Testing of large scale systems
- Information Security Engineering and associated UK government standards
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
Senior Systems Engineer Desirable Skills
- Experience of Business Change programmes
- Demonstrable experience of model based systems architecture/engineering (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF)
- Knowledge of Business/Service process modelling and toolsets e.g. MooD Salamander
- Knowledge of Rational Software/Systems Engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORS)
- Knowledge of Service Management under ITIL principles
- Working within an Agile / SCRUM /Devops delivery model
Senior Systems Engineer Key Behaviours:
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Contribute ideas that promote innovation.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel if required.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance.
- Willing to learn.
- BSc in Computer Science or Software/Systems Engineering discipline.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance (or be willing to undergo DV Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.