Lead Software Engineer
Job Role: Lead Software Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary + Benefits!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Lead Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary + Benefits!
A fantastic opportunity to join our client's rapidly growing Cyber Team. We have a wide range of vacancies in our expanding Software Development Team. Our client operates an Agile/Scrum methodology and the successful candidate will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for our client the successful candidate will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Act as lead engineer for large scale programme
- High competency in use of software patterns
- Demonstrable experience as a software architect
- Responsible for section/business area resource planning
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews
- Lead scrum\team meetings
- Responsible for personal development of team members
- Java application development
- C/C++ based application development in a Linux environment
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.