Security Policy & Assurance Manager
Security Policy & Assurance Manager - Permanent - Cumbria - Around £60,000 per annum
Would you like to be in involved in a role which will allow you to have direct responsibility for leading the development and deployment of risk informed policies, processes and standard security? Our client currently has a vacancy for a Security Manager - Policy & Assurance at their site in Cumbria.
As a Security Manager - Policy & Assurance, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the business and at all business locations supporting delivery programmes.
This role will also provide the successful candidate with the benefit of working with the Head of Security in driving the business Security agenda and setting standards of behaviour and control in order to influence the development of a strong and positive security culture.
- Developing and implementing security standards, policies and guidelines and supervising all aspects of operational security for the assigned business area in line with local security strategy, policies, standards and best practice
- Overseeing the workload of the team; ensuring allocated staff are fully utilised in order to deliver against agreed programme of work
- Reviewing, assuring and improving work-stream related activities, programs, frameworks and functional processes aimed at developing best practices and integrating efficient security solutions to enhance the security environment
- Conducting and reviewing security assessments and defines operational requirements to be implemented in line with company policies, regulations and contractual requirements
- Based on intelligence and analysis of security threats and risks, provide timely advice on the local operating environment for the business area to enable well informed business decisions
- Assuring the integrity of our client's employees working in the assigned business area through the provision of subject matter expertise on personnel security and access control processes and procedures
- Improvement and Change Management experience
- Security Risk Assessment and mitigation knowledge
- Management experience
- Data and intelligence assimilation and analysis knowledge
- Strong stakeholder management skills and has ability to schedule, monitor and analyse assurance activities
- Cryptographic Management
- Incident Management
- Intelligence and counter intelligence techniques
The successful candidate will have exceptional stakeholder management experience and the ability to work well under pressure offering a collaborative approach.
Benefits: Employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. Our client also offers a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Security Policy & Assurance Manager
Salary/Rate: Around £60,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC / DV Clearance