Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Permanent - Hampshire - £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Work closely with suppliers to specify software and other deliverables into the company, and to complete programmes in line with scheduled milestones.
- Work with suppliers on schedules and budgets for delivering software and related documentation.
- Monitor suppliers' progress, escalating problems when appropriate, to ensure timely delivery to our client.
- Devise suitable metrics and report status of programme work to Engineering Management.
- Ensure project milestones are hit, with all supporting data needed to pass gated milestones being provided accurately.
- Provide data to inform decisions on short and long-term staffing.
- Coach/mentor other Software Engineers.
- Work with Engineering Management to define and maintain relevant processes.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure an integrated approach achievement of programme costs and schedule targets.
- Provide input to decisions on tools and processes appropriate to the role.
- Identify the need for and to propose assignments of a strategic nature when appropriate.
- Be responsible for the functional aspects of the delivered system, with attention on customer satisfaction.
- Take ownership of the SRD and other requirements documentation, review and approve supplier documentation, and work these through to sell off in accordance with programme milestones.
- Lead resolution of assigned defects, gather evidence and provide input to defect metrics and review boards.
- Support operational trials planning, data gathering and analysis.
- Provide input to subcontract programme management and cost estimation teams.
- Sponsor Change Requests and concessions through the Change Control Board.
- Review and approve limitations associated with the delivered system and assess impact to operation.
- Be a champion of teamwork and foster a team environment that encourages ownership and accountability across the functional membership.
- Knowledge Transfer: Be active in transferring knowledge to new contract and permanent staff, to include white board sessions, lunch time seminars and 1-2-1 training.
- Knowledge and experience of complex embedded software systems.
- Experience of maritime or other military industries.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes.
- Familiarity with Software Safety and Software QA roles.
- Clear and concise communication/presentation skills to influence and invoke change within the organisation.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Salary/Rate: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Willing to go through SC Clearance