Exciting opportunities in a truly unique environment.
If you want to work in a unique and innovative environment, then AWE could be the perfect place for you - whether you are a scientist, an engineer, a mechanic or a business professional. Whatever stage you're at in your career, we're always looking for high quality candidates.
Package: Basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of C&I Engineers into a range of permanent positions at different levels based from our sites near Reading. Our positions offer a range of opportunities from Team Leadership to hands on engineering covering design, commissioning and maintenance.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and are able to make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will be part of a multi discipline service delivery function, and will be responsible for providing expertise covering functional and intrinsic safety, alarms, SCADA, PLC, EMC, gauges and meters. Some of the work associated with the roles will be carried out in safety critical environments, and therefore previous knowledge of working in these conditions would be advantageous.
Accountabilities and responsibilities vary from role to role but include;
- Provide leadership to Asset Engineering Solutions teams
- Undertaking activities as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team working across a range of plant, facilities and systems within the sites.
- Identify technical issues, evaluate options and provide solutions, seeing through to satisfactory conclusion
- Produce Design proposals, technical reports and engineering drawings demonstrating how proposed solutions meet their goals
Knowledge, Skills and Experience;
- Previous experience of electrical installation design and building services installations.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and best practices - eg standards and legislation pertinent to the activity being undertaken
- Computer literate, with knowledge of industry standard packages such as CAD, Amtech etc.
- Knowledge of working in a safety critical or highly regulated environment would be advantageous
- HNC/HND or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Familiarity with the application of the IET wiring regulations
- Professional registration with relevant professional body
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.
Please note that you must be a British Citizen to apply for a role at AWE