Maintenance Team Leader
Exciting opportunities in a truly unique environment.
If you want to work in a unique and innovative environment, then AWE could be the perfect place for you - whether you are a scientist, an engineer, a mechanic or a business professional. Whatever stage you're at in your career, we're always looking for high quality candidates.
It's an exciting time to join the Operations function at AWE, we are transforming the way we work and continuing to support the demand of the business. Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, we can offer a competitive basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, nine day working fortnight, workplace pension scheme and additional flexible benefits scheme.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of Maintenance Team Leaders into a range of permanent positions within different disciplines based from our sites near Reading. Our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and are able to make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business. We have opportunities ranging from Electrical, C&I, Security and Mechanical.You will be part of a multi discipline service delivery function, responsible for the delivery of maintenance. Leading teams to control and manage all maintenance/projects to meet the operational requirements, using a holistic planning approach.
Some of the work associated with these roles will be carried out in safety critical environments, and therefore previous knowledge of working in these conditions would be advantageous.
Accountabilities and responsibilities vary from role to role but include;
- Provide leadership to Asset Maintenance Delivery personnel (Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability)
- Monitor and demonstrate proactive means of self-assurance that maintenance task execution, staff behaviours and relevant documentation is suitable and sufficient to demonstrate compliance and AWE core values.
- Appraise, train, develop and certify the competence of direct reports in accordance with facility and trade competency requirements
- maintain, demonstrate and promote high standards in environmental, health & safety management, security and quality management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience;
- Maintenance engineering of plant and equipment used in the processing of radioactive and/or toxic materials
- Demonstrable potential for leadership role
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven fault finding skills
- Supervisory, leadership and performance management skills
- Experience in use of Asset Maintenance Systems
- Served a recognised apprenticeship in engineering.
- C&G (as appropriate), ONC/ND or NVQ Level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline
Individuals interested in this permanent opportunity will be required to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.