Windows Infrastructure Server Administrator (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take)
Windows Infrastructure Server Administrator (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take) – Warrington, Cheshire – £32,000 - £35,000 + Benefits – Permanent.
Infrastructure Server Administrator, Server, Admin, Administrator, Infrastructure, Server Administrator, Infrastructure Server, Infrastructure Administrator, Windows OS, Analysis, System Design, Upgrades, Configuration of monitoring tools, Design, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012, vCenter Console, ESX Farms, Datastores, SCCM, OS deployment, ITIL, Windows Operating System.
A Global systems integrator requires an Infrastructure Server Administrator to work in Warrington, Liverpool to start ASAP. The Infrastructure Server Admin is responsible for Windows Administration, patch management, image management with practical experience in troubleshooting issues of Windows OS and various services running on Windows OS.
In conjunction with the ‘Purpose of the Role’ statement above, the job incumbent will be required to operate on an operational rotated basis as follows:
Continued operational support coverage made available from 7:00am to 8:00pm (Mon-Fri) via the following two shift basis weekly pattern on a one week about resource rotated basis;
- Shift 1 – 7:00am to 3:30pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break);
- Shift 2 – 11:30am to 8pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break);
(OR) General shift working from 9:30am to 6pm (inclusive of 30 minute unpaid lunch break);
- Administration for directory services platforms to include configuration, policy configurations, troubleshooting and getting to root cause analysis, system design, upgrades, and configuration of monitoring tools.
- Perform periodic audit and determine the operating effectiveness of the information security controls.
- Administer server operating systems including performance monitoring, operations planning, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor Bandwidth utilization, uptime, and Security logs.
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to support product rollouts.
- Maintain records on repairs, down time, and configuration changes.
- Assist in disaster recovery and business continuity planning and support.
- Participate in capacity planning including forecasting of needs for future infrastructure related purchases
- Administer Active Directory records and structure.
- Work effectively with relevant teams to investigate and resolve technical issues, and communicate progress with stakeholders across the business.
- Maintain up to date system installation and configuration documentation, as well as related processes and procedures.
- Research new innovative technologies, methodologies and automated approaches that may benefit the company, leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Participate in BAU Operational support and Projects delivery work as instructed by the Line Manager.
- Significant expertise in Windows Server Administration in a multi-tenant environment
- In-depth working knowledge on managing Windows Operating Systems (Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 server) on Physical and Virtual infrastructure
- In-depth working knowledge with respect to identification, troubleshooting and resolution of Windows Operating System issues
- Quantifiable extensive hands-on experience in identification, troubleshooting and resolution of various services running on Windows Operating system
- Significant quantifiable experience in proactive monitoring, performance management and tuning on Windows based platform
- In-depth knowledge on monitoring and managing vCenter console, ESX Farms and datastores
- Significant quantifiable knowledge on Antivirus Management
- Quantifiable extensive knowledge on Patch management
- Significant quantifiable experience in networking as related to operating systems – Essential;
- In-depth knowledge on OS deployment using SCCM or any other tools
- Quantifiable knowledge on Active Directory
- Significant quantifiable knowledge on ITIL standard processes
- Be certified Security Cleared or ability to be achieve on application
£32,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
All applications are welcomed by Enterprise Solutions Partnership Ltd from all relevant qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.