Helpdesk / Service Desk Lead (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take)
IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Lead (Must be SC Cleared or eligible to take) – Warrington, Cheshire - £32,000 - £35,000 + Benefits – Permanent
Helpdesk Lead, Helpdesk, Service Desk, Service Desk Lead, Service Lead, ITIL, IT Service Desk, IT Service Desk Lead, Windows, MS Windows, MS Office, Office 365, Skype, Microsoft, Microsoft Helpdesk Lead, Microsoft Lead
A Global systems integrator requires an IT Helpdesk Lead to be based in Warrington to start ASAP. The IT Service Desk Lead is responsible for the end to end delivery of the Service Desk operations including Team Management, People Management, Performance Management, Attrition Management etc. He will be front ending a 24*7 Service Desk and will also be responsible for Client Management, Escalation handling and Service Desk Review and Report Delivery.
- Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first level support on a 24*7 basis.
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure 24*7 Service Desk Coverage.
- Manages the Service Desk staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Maintains a central source of information enabling Service Desk staff and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through.
- Coordinates training requirements of Service Desk personnel.
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives.
- Management skills are required to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting and administrative responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment.
- Take overall responsibility for incident management and request fulfilment on the Service Desk. This could also be expanded to any other activity taken on by the Service Desk e.g. monitoring certain classes of event.
- Train Service-Desk/Help-Desk staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Accountable for meeting systems infrastructure or operational Service Level Agreements established by Senior Management and Client.
- Report to senior managers on any issue that could significantly impact the business.
- Responsible for monitor and maintaining defined SLA’s
- Act as the designated backup for Incident Manager when reasonably instructed to do so
- Must be certified Security Cleared or eligible to take
- Ideally ITIL certified
- Quantifiable experience of operating in a face paced moving client facing engagement
- In depth quantifiable knowledge and hands on experience in Service Desk Management
- Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and researches new product capabilities
- Possess excellent inter-personnel skills
- Willingness to participate and lead project meetings with the customer
- Possess hands on experience in managing a team of 30+ associates
- Responsible to schedule and plan resources to the requirement of business
- Possess strong experience in managing overall Service desk activities
£32,000 - £35,000 (depending upon level of skill and experience) + Benefits
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
All applications are welcomed by Enterprise Solutions Partnership Ltd from all relevant qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.