Senior Quality Engineer (Supply Chain)
Senior Quality Engineer - Audit
Location - Reading area
Package: Basic salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Supply Chain Quality team.
Maintaining and deploying quality assurance to our approved supplier lists through audit and assessment, supporting stakeholders in the development of processes and Quality applications and driving the expansion of Quality tools and improvements in overall Quality performance will be at the heart of what you do.
Candidates should ideally have served an engineering apprenticeship (applicants with equivalent experience will be considered) and have a strong manufacturing or process related background with good auditing skills. Experience of ISO 9001 and/or knowledge of AQAP 2000 series and Defence Standards would be desirable, but is not essential.
Previous experience and/or knowledge of the following is also required:
- Lead Auditor Certification
- Nationally recognised auditing standards and procedures
- Providing technical advice on standards and acceptance criteria appropriate to scopes of supplier quality work
- Maintaining, reviewing and reporting on non-conformance, analysing data, sharing trends and working collaboratively with all stakeholders to drive continuous improvement and share best practice
- Review and accept Quality Plans (including Quality Control Plans (QCP's) and Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs)
- Work proactively with suppliers, building strong partnerships and supporting supplier development
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.