Network Security Engineer
7 days left
- Job Type
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Salary: To £45K + Flexible Benefits
About this job
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on one of the largest and most complex IT sites in the UK! As part of a very experienced Network Security Team, you will work within the Delivered Service element providing daily incident resolution and administration, deliver demand and project work, while providing guidance and support in areas of key expertise. You will have excellent experience in IT security techniques, security products, server and application deployment and fault finding. With a strong Networking background, ideally with extensive experience in Gateway security, Firewalls and IDS you will be comfortable in a Microsoft environment with Linux.
Please note that it is essential that you hold SC Clearance or are eligible and are prepared to go through Advanced Clearance for this opportunity. .
- Experience of working within the Security Services environment whilst also being capable of performing administration duties across Windows and Linux based Server Infrastructure, Security Appliances, Network Infrastructure, Virtual Environments and Storage.
- Core Linux administration skills.
- Core MS Windows administration skills.
- Advanced Firewall and Proxy administration (to include install, configurations and fault finding).
- Comprehensive Networking experience and expertise (CCNA or equivalent).
- Recent experience of working within security environments.
- Understanding of Networks, Routers, DMZ and Switches.
- Good understanding and ability to perform root cause analysis across a range of protocols and topologies (TCP/IP, HTTP , SMTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, X400) .
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Foundation certificate or experience working in ITIL environments).
SC Cleared or eligible and prepared to go through and be eligible for Advanced Clearance
vSphere virtualisation systems.
Previously held a server support role, in a secure environment.
Knowledge of MoD, CESG and other mandated government IT legislation.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional or other security certification.
Experience in working with Service Level Agreements.
Willingness and ability to be DV Cleared.
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public-sector organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of digital technology.
With over 38,000 employees in more than 20 countries and revenue of €3.6 billion in 2015, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
About this Company
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The roles come with competitive salaries, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Apply for Network Security Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly