Facility Engineer Team Leader
Package: Basic salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
We are looking for a Facility Engineer Team leader to manage and oversee a professional engineering delivery team to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
The main purpose of the role is to provide leadership to a team of professional engineers (either within C&I, Electrical, Plant and Equipment or managing a team of Facility Task Managers) and shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability. The Facility Engineer Team Leader will be required to identify, attract, retain and deploy talent appropriately to tasked requirements in order to deliver Asset Engineering Solutions order book.
As a Facility Engineer Team leader your main responsibilities will be:
- Discharge Delegated Facility Design Authority for technical system performance against requirement
- Determine competence within team and upskill as required to meet business demand
- Provide leadership to team; set and agree annual objectives, communicate business and local messages in an engaging manner, measure and manage performance, oversee employee time and leave management
- Assuring engineering solution delivery standards through competence and training
Typically we would expect you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- HNC/HND with suitable additional experience
- Membership of an engineering institution
- Ability to deliver engineering across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
- Extensive experience of working in a highly regulated environment (preferably nuclear and/or explosives)
- Leading professional technical groups in the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.