LOCATION: Mons, Belgium
DURATION: 6 months with possible extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, normal working hours
CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
- Perform day-to-day operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) support for the managed services, particularly network management and system maintenance on related NGCS, AirC2 Link1 Digital Distribution Network (L1DDN), Deployable Communications and Information Systems (DCIS) components and associated networks and their interfaces, applications and protocols;
- Coordinate and perform 1st and 2nd level fault resolution for services/systems under responsibility and the work undertaken by technicians located at remote sites within the service area;
- Perform remote on-line OAM to cover fault, performance, accounting, configuration and security management of services corresponding to Area of Responsibility (AOR) of NGCS, AirC2 L1DDN, and DCIS;
- Implement configurations for networking interconnections through smart intelligent multiplexes and various data switching and routing equipment;
- Conduct evaluation of incident reports of the assigned systems and services and their associated networks in line with IT service management (ITSM) best practices and by using available ITSM tools;
- Propose, prepare, verify, and maintain services and systems documentation, to include operational advice notices and Level 1/2 documentation, accounting for interface standards and procedures;
- Contribute to the execution of Proof of Concept (POC) and System/Services Acceptance tests for new designs and solutions within area of expertise, as well as test scenarios relevant to incident and problem resolution;
- Assist in development, maintenance and review of technical documentation to contribute to creation and improvement of methods, procedures and tools in relation to managed services provisioning;
- Liaise and collaborate both internally to NCI Agency and externally with services providers and vendors in support of services delivery and systems support;
- When required, conduct on-site surveys, validations and system acceptance testing within the supported AOR services;
- Maintain up-to-date own knowledge and competencies, both at technical and soft skills level, by continuously following technology and industry trends and best practices and supporting this with relevant industry recognized professional certification;
- Perform above mentioned duties in support of NATO Force Structure (NFS) and NATO Command Structure (NCS) organizational elements, NATO operations as well as for training and exercise missions, and NCI Agency third party supported customers;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Higher Secondary education and completed intermediate vocational training that lead to relevant Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professional qualification or professional accreditation with minimum 5 years extensive and progressive expertise in the duties related to the function of the post.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with and knowledge of Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)/Telco provider networks and services delivery based on Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA Service and Service Access Routers (SR/SAR) and Cisco routers and switches;
- Minimum two (2) years proven track of collaboration with vendors, resident engineering and operations staff to achieve system performance objectives by utilizing vendor's toolkits for collection of maintenance data, and ability to analyse them for both service improvement and troubleshooting purposes;
- Minimum two (2) years' experience with the configuration and operation of element management, network monitoring and event management tools such as HP Network Automation, Intermapper, Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA 5620 SAM, Cisco ACS, NOKIA Service Portal, Kiwi Syslog, Splunk;
- Good knowledge of ICT Systems Engineering and the associated aspects of OAM, to include networks, interfaces, applications and protocols covering modern communications systems based on IP/MPLS, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Software Defined Networks (SDN), Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) as well as legacy technology;
- Practical experience in ICT services delivery, to include but not limited to testing, implementation, transition, continuous services improvement, and Service Level Agreement (SLA) based delivery;
- One, or more, years' experience in on-line performance, accounting, fault, security and configuration management of large multivendor ICT services and systems;
- Valid/active Alcatel-Lucent/NOKIA Network Routing Specialist I (NRS I) or higher certification;
- Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) routing and switching or higher certification;
- Field experience, training and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools.
- Knowledge and experience on SDN/NFV, cloud based solutions;
- Professional experience in customer support, user incident handling, and of ITSM principles and practices by applying a standardised framework;
- ITILv3 Foundation training/certification;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation.