Package: Basic salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
We manufacture a wide range of products, materials and tools to support our mission. Our operations include precision component manufacture, fabrication, explosive formulation, fissile material production, rubbers and plastics, and warhead assembly and disassembly. The role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to design/deliver and manage process design, equipment and documentation using best practice. This will include the production of configuration documentation in accordance with appropriate procedures and legislation.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who are at various stages of their career who can demonstrate a wide engineering experience within a Manufacturing environment, delivering engineering and production systems to support a range of processes which are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Ideally you will have:
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes, machining, presswork, moulding and metallurgy
- Knowledge of materials and their properties
- Knowledge of design of components, tool design and manufacture
- Good knowledge of manufacturing systems and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- An understanding and application of UK Health and Safety Legislation in a Manufacturing environment including quality standards, best practice and procedures
- Experience of applying Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Continuous Improvement, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
- An ability to produce or assist in the production of Technical Product Specifications (designs, drawings, reports, instructions, specifications etc.)
As a minimum qualification, candidates should possess an HNC/HND or equivalent level of experience working in a similar role and be willing to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.