Senior Test Engineer
Senior Test Engineer - Croydon, London
£39,000 - £50,000 + excellent employer pensions contribution + flexible working
We have an opportunity with one of our major government clients based in Croydon. They are one of the leading departments who are responsible for keeping our country safe and look after various areas including the Police, Counter-Terrorism, Immigration etc.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Test Engineer to work within their Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) department. They provide specialist shared services to support the successful delivery of an interesting and challenging mix of digital and technology programmes across the client organization and wider government.
This role is primarily responsible for assisting in the delivery of QA and testing solutions for projects, specifically;
- Enabling test automation and test engineering practices, including aspects of 'software development in test', supporting the delivery of an overall QA and testing strategy.
- Enabling the use of a broad range of tools, including open source and cloud based (such as JUnit or NUnit), Selenium, FitNesse, SOAP & REST web services and Apache CXF and enables the implementation of test automaton approaches, specifically Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Applying exploratory testing techniques and evaluating aspects of user experience, accessibility, compatibility and basic load and performance where required and as part of the wider QA and test strategy
- Applying test engineering practices to support the digital by default service standard, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on user needs and user centred design etc
- Evidence of successfully delivering Test Automation regimes across projects following a range of methods primarily focused on Agile
- Experience of deploying a broad range of tools and test automation techniques - which must include object-orientated design, within a continuous integration / delivery environment
- Demonstrate a good understanding of software development, environments, build and release within a complex technical landscape
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, and a good understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences
If you would like to have a discussion about the role or for some further details, please do not hesitate to contact Jonny Mills at Experis UK. Otherwise please apply to the role by following the link provided.