Application Systems Manager
We are looking for an Applications Systems Manager to join the Information Services business team. As an Application Systems Manager you will support and maintain high availability of IT application systems utilised by the business to meet expectations, compliance and achieve agreed deliverables to the customer.
As an Applications Systems Manager you will provide 2nd and some 3rd line support to specific applications managed and maintained by the Application Support Team. Provide advice, investigation of incidents, identifying and applying fixes.
We are looking for the Application Systems Manager to have:
- Minimum 4 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English
- Degree in IS/IT or ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject
- Understanding of ITIL or BCS Membership
- Experience of Microsoft or other operating systems
- Awareness of current environment in terms of software and technology platforms to enable the appropriate support of the deployed application systems
- Experience of Call management systems, troubleshooting tools & methods with the ability to interact with all levels of management in both verbal and written formats
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.