We have an exciting new permanent opportunity for a Solution Architect to support a major Government programme from our location in Central London.
SC Clearance is required for this position.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Leidos currently executing a major Civil Government service provider ICT programme, a key element of this programme involves the introduction of and transition to a Leidos Service Integration and Management (SIAM) function. This function will be responsible for the Service Management of the ICT estate for a major Civil Government Department
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the planning and implementation of IT architecture based initiatives within the Public Sector & Energy organisation. The role will lead and work across multiple business functions to define and gain consensus on current and future state architecture and direction for customer organisations and on pre-sales work. The role requires the ability to formulate evaluations for approaches.
- Significant design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
- Some demonstrable experience in infrastructure / middleware architecture, database architecture and networking
- Specific experience of implementing ITSM tools like Remedy, ServiceNow and other IT Operations experience at an architectural level
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre - Operations Manager (SCOM), Orchestration (SCORCH), and Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with VMWare virtualisation solutions
- Experience with complex secure network environments
- Some relevant experience in technology/software sales
- Knowledge of enterprise systems delivery models
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Working knowledge of Service and SIAM based models
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience managing and deriving requirements. Experience establishing and maintaining traceability between requirements and solution components
- Solid writing skills to include creating High-Level and Low-Level Designs, Concepts of Operation, use cases, and interface control documents to be utilised through other systems
- Experience in standard engineering and service management methodologies
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.