Project Support Officer
Project Support Officer
This global organisation has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Support Officer to work within its vibrant PMO team based in Bristol. As a Project Support Officer you'll support, coordinate and manage a diverse portfolio of Projects across the Security & Information Systems (S&IS) Division.
The role will work closely with a number of key stakeholders across the Division (Project Managers, Finance, Commercial, Sales and senior management) to ensure the overall Divisional portfolio governance.
You will report to the Divisional Head of the Project Office and be tasked with pro-actively overseeing and coordinating a multitude of projects, reporting on project governance and performance and assisting in the development and maintenance of project plans, schedules and WBS mapping into corporate ERM systems.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within this environment and a similar role and demonstrate skills such as
- Understanding of key project management principles through a combination of work experience and qualification (APMP / PRINCE2).
- Understanding and knowledge of key Financial and Commercial principles and ability to discuss / present these principles (of applicable projects) to wider stakeholders to provide guidance and assistance with key decision making.
- Understanding the importance of governance and projects compliance.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, notably MS Excel (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, nested formula) as a minimum.
- Strong, confident and persuasive communicator who is able to communicate with stakeholders across the wider business at a multitude of seniorities.
- Ability to understand and synthesis complex data and management information to provide insights and analysis to various stakeholders including management in a wider business context.
- Confident at building and maintaining robust professional relationships together with outstanding communication skills both written and oral.
- Used to delivering within strict deadlines and to budget whilst managing conflicting workloads and priorities.
In return, this organisation offers you the chance to work on some of the most relevant, modern projects available. Projects you will be working on will be in tune with articles you read in the news daily. In addition, they offer an excellent benefits package and are renouwned for being one of the most employee focused organisations in their market.
For further information, please contact James Corcoran at Sanderson Government & Defence on 01179331723 or James.firstname.lastname@example.org