Multi skilled Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer
Package: Basic salary plus generous holiday entitlement, workplace pension and additional flexible benefits scheme
We are currently looking to recruit a number of multi-skilled Maintenance Engineers with any of the following disciplines Electrical, Electronics, C&I to join our team working from our sites based near Reading.
Candidates interested in applying for these opportunities should have a bias in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (including Siemens controls knowledge), and should have a breadth of experience which will also encompass some Mechanical engineering. The successful Engineers will be responsible for performing planned and reactive maintenance activities in order to optimise building processes, plant and equipment availability.
Enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our Engineers are able to work on a wide variety of equipment, and make a direct impact on the successful running of the business without needing to spend extensive time on the road travelling from site to site.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities will include
- Using a high degree of skill and high technical ability carry out a wide range of maintenance activities efficiently and in a timely manner on plant and equipment
- Apply a range of technical fault finding skills within own discipline. Gather plant data and analysis result, using a range of techniques
- Generate, review and comment on maintenance documentation and reports as requested
- Implementation of modifications as directed by Task Manager
- Inspect and endorse the quality of own work to ensure it meets the required specification
- Apply mentoring skills to less experienced craft team members and apprentices
- Bring to the attention of line management and facility management any matter revealed during maintenance, indicating that the safe operation or the safe condition of the plant may be affected
- Ensure the understanding and application of responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
- Take an active role in the implementation of both company and local procedures, safe systems of work, work instructions, and current legislation to safeguard people, quality, security and the environment
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- General knowledge of plant, equipment and processes related to trade
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of fault finding techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Understanding and use of Safe Systems of work
- Working experience of operational plant maintenance service delivery
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal
Qualifications and Special Requirements
- Engineering Apprenticeship with a minimum NVQ Level 2
- C&G (as appropriate) / ONC
- Willing and able to become a classified radiation worker
- Willing and able toobtain DV Security Clearance
To be considered for this outstanding opportunity to develop your career with one of the area's largest employers, please click to apply.