Application Packager/Applications Packaging - APP-V/Windows
Application Packager/Application Packaging & Integration Engineer (App-V, Windows, SCCM) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 4 months rolling contract, to be based in Telford, Shropshire. Our client's Integration & Packaging team require an Application Packager who will be responsible for producing SCCM delivered App-V sequences as part of the roll-out of Windows 10 and migration to App-V 5.1 from 4.6.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Integrate and sequence software applications using Microsoft App-V 5.x to enable the deployment using SCCM to subsequent test environments and then the live Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 estate.
- Experience of carrying out application discovery and analysis to enable correct integration, as well as hands-on sequencing and quality assurance activities which include documenting work carried out.
- Experience of working with a number of areas within the Release Management Lifecycle.
- Microsoft App-V 4.6 and 5.x
- Understanding of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 architecture
- Deployment of App-V sequences and application packages via SCCM 2012 or later
- Broad knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Creation and review / QA of technical documentation
- Experience in scripting in VBScript, PowerShell WMI or WSH
- Admin Studio 11.5
- MSI Packaging
- ProcMon, Insted, VMWare, Beyond Compare
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.