Big Data Engineer
Job title: Big Data Engineer
Project of Work: Develop tools improving the use of Big Data
Salary: Competitive + Benefits Package
ELIGIBILITY FOR DV CLEARANCE IS ESSENTIAL
- Active self learner that is passionate about Big Data
- Previously designed, developed and tested Big Data solutions utilising Cloudera Hadoop/Hive/MongoDB etc.
- Experience cleansing and modelling structured and unstructured data;
- Experience designing and implementing components within a Big Data architecture against a given set of requirements;
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software;
- Experience / certification in development and configuration of Big Data technologies for ingesting, transforming, storing and serving data at scale, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Solr, NoSQL databases, Flume, Sqoop;
- Knowledgeable on Open Source techniques and tooling for big data architectures and analytics.
- Exposure to NoSQL or RDBMS databases
- Good communicator and adaptable team member
- Experience across two or more operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS-X)
- Knowledge of OpenSource Software Development Methodologies.
- The successful candidate will be an active self learner. The client is looking for trustworthy and hardworking individuals that pride themselves on their analytical and problem solving ability.
- The successful candidate must be willing to undergo DV clearance. Current DV Clearance is preferred.
- My client is looking to build further on its relationship with their Central Government Customer by introducing a Big Data Capability Team to be based permanently on site.
- The Big Data Engineer will be rapidly developing the designs produced by the Big Data Solutions Architect for a high profile Government client. These candidates will try and create something new, focusing on how to better use Big Data.
- All candidates must be eligible for DV Clearance - with a preference given to those who currently hold this.
- One of the UK leading partners in Intelligence and National Security, Science and Technology that works on cutting edge research projects. A global organisation primarily established in the UK and the US, currently growing in international markets. They provide a wide range of services, such as technical, scientific and engineering expertise. This particular site provides scientific research and development and applies this to the commercial world making it viable for sale.
- Currently staffed with problem solvers and analytically minded individuals, they pride themselves on being able to think outside the box. Passionate about technology and actively self learn outside of core working hours, they are seen as some of the best minds in the UK.