Senior Software Analyst
SENIOR SOFTWARE ANALYST
Job Title: Senior Software Analyst
My client is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. They offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
To work within the Software Asset Management (SAM) team providing licensing advice and support to projects and the wider IT community.
To conduct regular internal audits and support external audits of the installed estate comparing the results with the licence entitlement register, ensuring corrective action is taken to address discrepancies.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Manage life-cycle of project software licence acquisition plans from creation through sign-off to transition, ensuring that all licensable software deployed is identified and the associated licence requirement addressed accordingly.
- Work with and influence all areas of the business on software licensing implications especially IT Architects, Procurement, Project Teams, IT Support Teams, Legal and End Users.
- Conduct regular audits of the installed estate comparing the results with the licence entitlement register and manage reconciliation.
- Manage life-cycle of software upgrades, including tidy up of associated records and removal of unused or upgraded software.
- Upkeep of software entitlement library and information of software licenses purchased.
- Identify, manage and escalate any risks in the use of software which may cause my client to be non-compliant with licensing terms of usage.
- Identify opportunities for optimising licence usage or alternative licensing models.
- Ensure that all software asset records including relevant attributes and relationships are managed, accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with the IT Sourcing team to recommend and or assist with the sourcing of licences, licence agreements, contract renewals and licence true-up activities.
- Maintain the Software Catalogue.
- Functions as the day to day operations subject matter expert in SAM, Microsoft licence model/usage rights, plus other vendors as necessary.
- Acts as policy guardian for the SAM processes.
- Interacting with other key ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management in order to resolve incidents effectively whilst keeping SAM data up to date at all times.
Any other duties as deemed necessary to achieve department goals.
- Completed software licence acquisition plans.
- Software compliance in accordance with vendor and business requirements.
- Up to date records of all software.
- Accurate software asset database.
Qualification and Experience:
- Experience of the software licence life-cycle from purchasing through deployment to decommissioning beneficial.
- ITIL Foundation beneficial.
- ISEB Certificate in Software Asset Management beneficial.
- Expert in Microsoft licence model/usage rights, plus familiarity with the licensing concepts of other major Publishers beneficial.
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
- Good financial and commercial awareness and considers the commercial impact of all decisions.
- Experience with Active Directory, specifically device, user and group management.
- Familiarity with software licensing and license use rights (entitlements) - software contract entitlements etc.
- Experience with Remedy ITSM Suite of products, Asset Vision or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Good understanding of IT and its relationship to the business.
- Ability to grasp new software licensing requirements quickly.
- Competent in the use of Excel for data analysis including the use of Tables, Pivot Tables and connectivity to external data sources.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- High Quality output and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with all departments in Information Services and Third Party Organisations.
- Excellent Customer Focus skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ownership skills.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
- The ability to share knowledge & work collaboratively with team members.
- Comfortable working across a multi-disciplined environment.
- Ability to deal with conflict and a flexible, can do attitude.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Forward thinking - considers the broader implications.
- Genuine desire to search for best approach.
- Ability to lead a team.
Security Criteria to be achieved:
- MOD SC Security clearance
Dependant on the administrative privileges required for this role the job incumbent may have access to controlled technology and or information, such as, but not limited to, ITAR.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career