Support Specialist PLM/CAD
We are looking for a Support Specialist to join the Information Services business team. As a Support Specialist you will support and maintain high availability of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) application systems including Teamcenter, Granta and Mentor Graphics utilised by the business to meet expectations, compliance and achieve agreed deliverables to the customer.
As a Project Support Specialist you will be responsible for management, monitoring and resolution of IT Services help desk calls assigned to the Application Support Team and providing advice, investigation of incidents and identifying and applying fixes while making sure you meet service level KPI's.
We are looking for the Support Specialist to have:
- HNC/D in relevant subject or the equivalent qualification or experience
- Supervisory and People management skills
- Extensive experience in Teamcenter or equivalent PDM application
- Good experience in PDM workflow development
- Specialist experience in 2D and 3D Teamcenter data visualisation and 4 tier installations
- Good experience of FLEXLM tools (or similar) for licence management activities
- Some experience of AGILE software development techniques
- In depth knowledge of CAD tools and techniques
- In depth knowledge of PDM tools and techniques
- Good knowledge of software configuration systems (i.e SERENA / SUBVERSION)
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Some knowledge of C, C++ or JAVA programming techniques
- Some knowledge of SIEMENS Knowledge Fusion (KF)
- Some knowledge of Oracle and SQL relational databases (in aid of R&A and Oce system)
- Some knowledge of basic WEB publishing tools
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Client Administration
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.