Lead Technical Tester SC Cleared
Job Title: Lead Technical Tester SC Cleared
Salary: Up to £*** plus 15% flexible benefit fund
We have a new position for a Lead Technical Tester to work on a major client site and be integral to the testing activities by helping to develop Strategies, the creation of Plans and Definition Documents, the execution of Test Cases, evaluation and reporting of test results and the management of the incident process. We are looking for significant and demonstrable testing expertise and more than one developed specialisation. It is essential that you hold current SC Clearance and are eligible for and prepared to go to DV Clearance.
- Ensure that testing activities are conducted in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Carry out work in own areas of testing specialisation, to include:-
- Deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales
- Development of test requirements matrices
- Produce Test Plans for testing requirements, clarifying requirements where required and contributing to High
- Level Test Strategies and Plans for more complex requirements
- Develop detailed Test Cases and Test Scripts, including expected results, for all requirements, in line with the Test Strategy and Plan
- Identification and definition of all Test Data in response to clearly defined requirements.
- Execution of Test Definitions and recording of test results
- Evaluation and reporting of Test Results.
- Incident Management and support.
- Definition and collection of Test Metrics.
- Ensure that all test activities are logged and that an up to date audit trail is available.
- The project’s initial point of contact for testing.
- Provide or contribute to test estimations.
- Be recognised as a Test Expert in at least one particular Test Specialisation.
- Operate as a senior member of a testing team working on diverse, complex or multiple projects.
- Minimum Security clearance of SC (preferably DV, if not, has a positive view to obtaining DV or higher)
- ISEB or ISTQB accreditation, Intermediate (Advanced) or higher.
- Significant and demonstrable industry experience and knowledge of testing infrastructure projects from small bespoke
- network installations to large, complex, multi domain corporate networks
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge of testing process, techniques and their application to include, and not be
- limited to:-
- Multiple Project dev / test Methodologies (waterfall, V-model, W-model, Iterative, and any one ‘Agile’ delivery
- (ideally SCRUM but DSDM, RAD, and Open Unified Process acceptable) with technical knowledge of functional and non-functional
- Test application and delivery.
- Test lifecycle, specifically System / System Integration Testing; OAT and UAT
- Test Planning
- Test Definition Design (Cases, Scripts)
- Test Design Techniques
- Cloud infrastructures and testing
- Manual Testing
- Test executions and logging results
- o Evaluations and reporting
- o Metrics analysis, causal analysis and process improvements
- o Review Processes
- o Risk and Risk Management
- o Quality and Quality Management
- o Requirements, Incident, Configuration & Release Management
- o Environment and Change Management
- Competent in the production of all forms of documentation utilising the standard Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrable SharePoint knowledge and experience
- MCSE / MCSA (relevant MCPs) certified
- Knowledge of Security / penetration testing (CEH)
- PRINCE 2 Foundation or equivalent.
- ITIL Foundation or equivalent.
- Test Case Automation
- Performance, Volume, load and Stress Testing
- Test Management experience
- DV Cleared
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.