Role: Security Analyst
Type: Contract (6 months)
Clearance: SC or NATO
Rate: £Market Rate
Our Client is looking to recruit Security Analysts, with a demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of security events, to support the successful operation based out of the customer site in Belgium. The Analysts are responsible for the day-to-day identification of security related events. This role involves a 24/7 shift rotation within the incident handling team in order to provide full time coverage for the system.
The successful candidates will be required to use their experience in the analysis and handling of security events. The Analysts are responsible for the day-to-day identification of security related events, and will need to draw on their demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of security events to fulfil this role.
The role requires a high level of experience in a minimum of one key cyber security area, along with a working level experience across a broad selection of other cyber security technologies. Example technologies include NIPS, NIDS, HIDS, Computer Forensics tools, Vulnerability Assessment tools, Firewalls, CIRT and CERT.
The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability.
- High level of experience in at least one of the following areas and working level of experience in several of the other areas:
- Security event management and analysis, especially with the configuration, operation, troubleshooting, and management of ArcSight products;
- Management, use and analysis of events from Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS)
- Management, use and analysis of events from Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software
- Knowledge in the use of a variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques
- Computer incident response centre (CIRT), computer emergency response team (CERT)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and on-line and network)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Secure web design and development
- Military communication systems and networks
- A good analytical competency is required for this role. Candidates should be able to:
- Analyse diverse sources of information;
- Break information into component parts, patterns and relationships;
- Probe for further information or greater understanding of a problem;
- Make rational judgement from the available information and analysis;
- Produce workable solutions to a range of problems and demonstrate an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline.
- Desirable to have one of more professional SANS (e.g., GSEC, GCIA) or CISSP certifications.
- Experience of working within a team environment or on a project with multiple participants.
- Analysis experience.
- Some experience of working in Network Operations Centres (NOCs).
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and other analysts.
- Security clearances required to UK SC & NATO minimum
- The role will be based in Belgium and may involve travel to provide technical support across Europe. Candidates should be capable of travelling between UK & Overseas locations.
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Security Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £120,000 - £129,999 Contract NATO Central Government jobs in Belgium
- £120,000 - £129,999 Contract NATO Cyber Security jobs in Belgium
- £120,000 - £129,999 Contract NATO Digital Forensics jobs in Belgium
- £120,000 - £129,999 Contract NATO Intelligence jobs in Belgium
- £120,000 - £129,999 Contract NATO Security jobs in Belgium