We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager who will lead and perform project management activities for projects and opportunities in our air traffic management portfolio. The successful applicant will have a good project and technical background and will understand the challenges of successfully delivering against project, technical and commercial requirements.
This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance. This role will mainly be located in Whiteley.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world's air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos's proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world's most trusted air traffic control partner. In the UK Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and on-going development and support.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Ensuring the execution and performance of the project against its baselines to achieve the commitments made to the customer and business
- Ensuring the project's plans, schedules, budgets developed and technical, cost, schedule, risks, assumptions, dependencies and resource baselines set and maintained
- Working with the engineering organisation to ensure that the project is staffed with the skill sets required to meet its objectives
- Achievement of programme performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives
- Responsibility for the maintenance of approved technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
- Implementing document management and information management processes
- Ensuring the programmes risks and opportunities are identified, monitored and mitigation plans devised and implemented
- Ensuring change control of the baselines is adequately undertaken to meet the needs of the programme
- Provision of evidence based progress and status information and reports
- Frequent direct interaction with the customer and other Stakeholders
- Experienced in delivering successful technical projects in a corporate environment
- Proven Project Management experience in a similar sector
- Track record of strong internal relationships
- Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels
- Experience working within the Air Traffic Management domain an advantage
- Pro-active with strong self motivation
- Risk and opportunity management
- PRINCE2, APM or other Project management qualification is an advantage
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.