System Admin (UNIX/Solaris/Windows)
- Job Type
Status: 10 months
Rate: 350 GBP/day.
The Engineer will provide in-depth system administration support. They are required to provide on-site system support and monitoring of the system and their associated WAN on a daily basis.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Routine System Housekeeping
- Monitoring of folder sizes and system integrity
- System Monitoring, Map Management, Communications/interfaces administration
- Corrective maintenance
- User Liaison Assistance in configuration of network printers/terminals
- Application of Software updates
- Co-Ordination of and Global Distribution of NIS+ X500 Directory of Services Data
- Carry out in-depth fault finding.
Knowledge of UNIX fundamentals
Knowledge of Sun Solaris Administration
Knowledge of other UNIX operating system ie HP UX, Linux.
Knowledge of Shell/Perl Scripting.
Knowledge of Unix and Windows Integration like Samba or any
Knowledge of MS W2k3 Administration/MS NT4 Administration.
Knowledge of MS Exchange Server 5.5, 2K3 Administration.
Knowledge of other MS operating system ie MS Windows 2000 Server Administration.
A valid DV Clearance is Mandatory for this role. Rest please excuse.
Apply for System Admin (UNIX/Solaris/Windows)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly