Lead Information Assurance Manager
- Job Type
Job Role: Lead Information Assurance Manager
Salary/Rate: £60,000 - £75,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or DV Clearance
Lead Information Assurance Manager - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £60,000 - £75,000
Our client is looking for a Lead Information Assurance Manager who will be working under the Cyber and Analytics Group to provide support to information assurance activities within the business and in a programme environment. The successful candidate will need to manage priorities with guidance in a demanding business environment.
As an Information Assurance Specialist with specific responsibilities for IT Security, successful candidates will work with the Company Security Manager to:
- Ensure that the requirements of the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework are met with regards to the implementation and maintenance of accredited IT networks
- Provide security advice to system design activities and RMADS development.
- Provide information security advice and guidance across the business.
- Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance
- For security professionals providing systems security analysis, use Computer Systems Security Analysis (E121, L121)
- For information security professionals providing security risk and analysis, use Info Systems Security Risk and Analysis (E937, L937)
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An all-round information assurance practitioner with good working knowledge of information security best practices
- Able to clearly communicate Information Security principles at the tactical and operational level of the organisation
- Experience of working in accordance with the Security Policy Framework and ISO 27001
- Experience of providing risk managed security guidance during the design and operation of secure IT systems
- Experience of undertaking technical risk assessments in compliance with IAS 1/2
- Demonstrable experience of developing/delivering RMADS and fully supporting the accreditation process
- Working knowledge of HMG Good Practice Guides, Information Assurance Policies, and the Security Policy Framework
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of applying information assurance principles during a systems development and integration
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- Knowledge of: Internet Security Trends, Firewall products, Access Control devices, Encryption products
- A holder or member of a professional Information Security Certification (e.g. IISP, ITPC, CLAS, CISSP, CISSM, CCP) or be working towards certification
- Ability to achieve CESG Certified Practitioner in at least one discipline (or holding)
- Experience of delivering risk treatment plans in accordance with ISO27001
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Apply for Lead Information Assurance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly