Infrastructure Specialist - NATO - Germany
LOCATION: Geilenkirchen, Germany
DURATION: 6 months with extensions
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, normal working hours
CLEARANCE: NATO SECRET
SCOPE OF WORK:
NAEW&C Force is a unique organization operating as a multi-national fully integrated Air Force, with responsibilities of a 'Sending State' and 'Force Provider'. The comprehensive process-based, mission-orientated Force Review, endorsed by North Atlantic Council (NAC), confirmed that there is a requirement for the Force to fulfil many MOD and Air Headquarters functions that typically support a national air force as well as specific responsibilities placed upon Force Commander by NAPMO MoUs.
NAEW&C Force Ha organizational and functional structures enables independence and separation of governance, oversight, regulatory functions and responsibilities from execution level (E-3A1D Components), particularly E-3A Component and Mission System Engineering Centre (MSEC) collocated NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen.
The Systems & Servers Section provides efficient installation, administration and maintenance of assigned IT systems (typically core server hardware and software) in support of E-3A Component's mission by operating WIN and UNIX development and production systems. Provides and supports deployable systems. Incumbent executes or supports tasks in entire technical spectrum of lifecycle activities (requirements analysis, product selection and acquisition or design and assembly, customization, deployment, operation, repair, replacement, upgrade, servicing, and disposal) and supporting activities (verification and validation, configuration management, quality assurance, documentation, helpdesk) for assigned IT/CIS Systems and reports to Section Head (Systems & Server).
- Applying standard operating procedures to ensure efficient operation, administration, maintenance (both in-house and outsourced) of assigned IT/CIS systems;
- Applying standard operating procedures to provide 2nd level user support for assigned NAEW&C networks, Internet, System Software, data safety, support facilities for software and data maintenance, and other assigned special purpose IT/CIS systems;
- Executing essential operational support to all NAEW&C organisations, including, when needed, provision of support for contingency operations on a 24 hours a day, seven days a week basis, for an extended timeframe;
- Applying skills and techniques required to conduct advanced and in-depth troubleshooting of back-office IT/CIS infrastructure;
- Executing and/or supporting at NAEW&C level, IT/CIS trial installations, installation compatibility testing, software conflict identification testing and mitigation, in-house and outsourced technical support and maintenance (repair, replacement, upgrades) for assigned IT/CIS Systems;
- Applying standard operating procedures for user account administration, system software and data configuration management, quality assurance of the technical system (product) and for maintenance of (in-house and outsourced) support processes and their technical documentation;
- Executing and/or supporting installation services for IT/CIS system software and data (i.e. operating system software, compilers, database system software etc.) and for IT/CIS service application software and data on servers;
- Executing and/or supporting installation services for IT/CIS system hardware, software and data (i.e. operating system software, compilers, database system software) on server platforms;
- Applying standard operating procedures to ensure all IT/CIS Systems comply with local and NATO security policies;
- Applying configuration management policies and procedures (i.e. user and system administration, licence monitoring, product version identification and control, etc.) on both server and related client platforms;
- Executing routine and contingency support for IT/CIS system installation and maintenance efforts at MOB, at FOBs/FOl, and at other deployed locations;
- Taking part in IT/CIS flight or provides support for Operations and Exercise, Audits, Inspections and Technical Support Visits (TSVs) to the FOBs/FOl and other deployed location;
- Ensuring documentation of assigned NAEW&C IT/CIS systems and networks are kept up to date.
- Management and operation of IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software and communications) and resources required to plan for, develop, deliver and support properly engineered IT services and products to meet needs of a business. Includes preparation for new or changed services, management of change process and maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, management of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance and management of bought-in services including, for example, public network, virtual private network and outsourced services.
- Carries out agreed operational procedures. Contributes to implementation of maintenance and installation work. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution.
- Specialisations: General knowledge of E-3A Component communications systems and programs, specifically dealing with Integrated Command and Control (ICC) and Allied Information Flow System (AIFS), and how to administer and troubleshoot each platform.
- Previous NATO assignments
- Experience working in an international/military environment
- Recent experience LAN / WAN networks architectures
- Recent experience in system administration in both Windows and UNIX – LAN / WAN networks
- Experience in providing configuration control of software and data in client-server environments
- Experience with system administration for storage area networks, virtualized environments, and/or enterprise server machines
More searches like this
- Consultancy NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Germany
- Defence NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Germany
- Engineering NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Germany
- Information Technology NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Germany
- Telecommunications NATO Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Germany