ICT Support Engineer
Provision of 2nd line technical support to a medium size business including:
The operation and control of the IT infrastructure (typically hardware, software, data stored on various media, and all equipment within wide and local area networks) required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of a business. Includes preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in virtualised computing environments and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Servers and desktops Storage Arrays Network Equipment;
- MS Server 2008 (R2) MS Server 2012 (R2) Windows 7 Windows 10;
- Working knowledge of Windows/Active Directory Security implementation Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) & Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer;
- Microsoft and COTS Products;
- SC with ability to go for DV Clearance Good written and verbal communication skills. Experience of working within project teams and on own initiative. Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- LAN/WAN Infrastructure support VOIP Technologies Riverbed Optimisation Technology;
- Solaris10 + 11 VMWare ESXi;
- Virtualisation (VMWare) ESXi methodologies Asset Management & Configuration Control;
- DV Clearance ITIL Knowledge/Qualified MCP/MCITP Working knowledge of MoD related Network infrastructures, processes and support.