Infrastructure Test Engineer
An Infrastructure Test Engineer is required to provide assistance in setting up running a specialised Infrastructure Test Service. The candidate will assist the Infrastructure test lead in developing tests against requirements. The requirements will then be validated by the Infrastructure Test Engineer, by confirming that the system has been designed and built in-line with those requirements. The ideal candidate should be pro-active and adaptable. The engineer will be expected to work alongside the test team, to provide a suite of tests on a project by project basis. Their expertise will be essential to produce the correct tests and reporting, which can be understood by all levels of the business.
- Desirable Experience/Qualifications
- Testing experience specialism's:
- Infrastructure Technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of the fundamental test process.
- Experience of applying different test techniques and methodologies.
- Experience of test analysis and design with a test tool.
- One or more of the following qualifications - MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MSCE+M/MSCE+S, DBA, LINUX, CCNA/CCNP
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this position
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
- Develop understanding of the agreed testing requirements for allocated projects and conduct necessary test analysis based on high level and low level design documentation.
- Enter and update scripts in the test repository.
- Maintain and revise current test suite(s).
- Design and creation of test conditions.
- Execute tests, log results and raise defects with the appropriate level of information.
- Identify and create test data.
- Conduct Defect Review boards on a formal and informal basis.
- Peer review documents sets.
- Liaison with Transition Management, Change and Configuration Management, Project Managers, Developers and Third Parties.
- Participate as required in Governance Gates and go/no go meetings.
- Attend relevant governance meetings.
- Assist the test lead in producing test plans and test reporting for all phases or undertake the creation of the artefacts.
- The applicant will have at least 5 years' experience working on Infrastructure technologies. The applicant should be experienced or have exposure in the following technologies:
- Hardware: HP Servers, Dell Servers, Cisco Switches and Routers. To include patching and configuration.
- Windows Desktop: Window XP, Windows Vista; Windows7; Windows 8.
- Server Operating Systems: Windows 2003; Windows 2008; Windows 2012; Windows SQL Server, Linux, Oracle.
- Domain Services: Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, KMS, WTS, SQL, etc.
- Virtualisation Technologies: vMWare and Hyper-V.
- Remote Management (ILO).
- Security Applications; Lumension and Symantec Management.
- Backup and Restore, Veeam and Data Protector.
- Pragmatic approach to testing and the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to report accurately and concisely on progress against plan.
- Ability to produce clear and precise documentation which can be understood by all.
- Adaptable approach to working either in a team or alone which has an emphasis on improving the quality and efficiency of testing.
Then please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring dates of past work history is correct and up-to-date. Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.