Architecture (SPARX) Tools Engineer
Sopra Steria are currently recruiting for an experienced Architecture (SPARX) Tools Engineer to join one of their key government project teams, based on client site, in Reading. The SopraSteria UK Programme Management Team have recognised the opportunity to improve the Elaboration of Requirements, Centralise Design and Architecture using Sparx Enterprise Architect. Currently, these are not centralised across the programme impeding the definition and management of incremental releases and assessing the impact of change.
Working closely with the Programme Team, including CTO and Programme Manager, this role will report into the Tools Automation Lead (DevOps) providing expertise in the configuration and management of providing Sparx EA services across all areas of Requirements, Architecture, Development, Testing, and Implementation. The role will require centralising the sub-contract suppliers Sparx EA models and to be able to maintain the model centrally whilst also enabling a consistent view of the system. The role will require producing reports and documentation as required, along with automated scripts to improve efficiency across the programme. The will also integrate the management of contracted requirements managed in DOORS into Sparx EA as well as Jira where required.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Responsible for the Architecture tooling process objectives;
- Provides advice and support to the Programme Team and Process Owners on how the model can be utilised;
- Coaches users on use of the tools supporting an disciplined process, processes and procedures, sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider teams;
- Contributes to building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Integration environment;
- Monitors process maturity and suggests improvements, feeding into the Tools Roadmap;
- Manages changes to development tooling and processes;
- Manages the Enhancement and Optimisation Plan with respect to improving the efficiency of development process including Jira and its integration with the wider toolset.
- Manages the migration to new version of Jira
- Manages the integration with other tools, including Doors, Sparx EA, Test Manager, and MS Project
- Communicates, collaborates and advises third party suppliers;
- To support APIs for internal and external use;
- To take part in 2nd/3rd line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
Specialist Skills & Requirements
- Experience and familiarity with Linux command line, in particular understanding remote server management (SHH, tunnelling etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including java, ruby, python and scala) and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience of:
- Atlassian suite of JIRA & Confluence (server version):
- Create & deploy Dashboards, Agile/Scrum boards, workflows, custom fields and schemes;
- Working through requirements with stakeholders, particularly in relation to workflows and custom fields;
- Understand linking, gadget & macro feeds;
- Use of plugins;
- Experience working with:
- Capable of indexing, managing roles, permissions and security levels. Managing from a central user directory;
- Understanding of application deployment, backup & restore, maintenance and upgrading;
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Creation and maintenance of operational procedures, work instructions and support manuals;
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques;
- Experience of Agile development methods;
- Experience in defining Operational Acceptance Criteria for applications;
- Meets the government security clearance conditions.