Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our brand new Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
· Representing the customer by being responsible for managing the Product Backlog
· Elaboration of Epics and Stories, including priority, test and acceptance criteria
· Owning the Product Backlog
· Expressing Backlog items
· Ensuring the Product Backlog is visible, shows what the development team will do next
· Ensuring the development team understands items in the product backlog to the level needed
· Assist in sprint planning and prioritisation
• Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
• Experience of Requirements Elicitation and Management
• Experience of running stakeholder workshops (for requirements or story elaboration)
• Knowledge of BA techniques to analyse problems
• Customer Liaison and Communications skills
• Experience of JIRA software development tool
• Experience of Confluence collaboration software
• Experience of Use Case design and modelling.
• Experience of Functional Requirements Elicitation
• Experience of Non Functional Requirements Elicitation
• Knowledge of User Experience (UX)
• Knowledge of User Interface (UI) Wireframe
• Military or Government project background
• Knowledge of Information Security “best practice”
• Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
• An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
• A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team
• Ability to work under pressure
• High degree of initiative and flexibility
• Willingness to travel if required
Degree in numerate subject or equivalent industry experience essential.
Professional qualification in Certified Scrum Product Owner desirable.
Raytheon Cyber Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers’ critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has led us to require the building of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.