- The role will actively contribute to the delivery of a professional procurement team that drives supply chain performance and improvement and contributes to savings and other benefits. The role will include;
- Planning procurement activity and securing agreement on approach with senior commercial and customer stakeholders.
- Running procurement competitions.
- Negotiating commercial improvements with potential new and existing suppliers.
- Managing supplier delivery risk.
- Optimising contract and supplier performance.
- Deliver demonstrable efficiencies.
- Will require occasional UK travel.
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
- A shared Service department serving three organisations working in a complex, dynamic and sensitive commercial environment.
- Leading as subject matter expert working with customer area (up to Director level) managing the sourcing, planning and procurement activity and optimising contract and supplier delivery. The roles and work is very unique and will give access to a broad range of spend categories and projects
Experience and Qualifications.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to manage in fast paced, dynamic and flexible multi stakeholder environment.
- The drive to succeed in a challenging and maturing commercial environment.
- Proven commercial background within a best practice procurement function, maybe within a government environment,
- Thorough understanding of procurement policy and practice.
- Managing people in a team.
- MCIPS (or equivalent) achieved.
- Experience of using a P2P system.
- Oracle financials and purchasing applications and Oracle reporting.
- Experience of IT and / or professional services procurement categories.
- Financial or IT system qualification.
- Prince 2 / APM
Does this role sounding interesting??? Do you have the talent, the skills and the experience to perform this role??? Are you keen to find out more???
If so, then please apply with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring all dates of current and past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita is committed to recruiting a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that our clients serve. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of your gender, age, disability, marital status, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered is those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.