Information Security Specialist
Role: Information Security Specialist
Location: North West
CND are partnering a high profile retail brand who need an Information Security Specialist who can provide high quality risk assurance across the group, this will require an individual who can communicate clearly and confidently to a range of departments. This role will involve performing risk assessments and assurance reviews in order to shape the Information Security strategy of the group. The right candidate will need to be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and teams succeed together.
- Enable the business units to understand, identify and assess Information Security risks and their exposure
- Assess and provide awareness on emerging information security threats
- Ensure that actions to address gaps in the management of security risks are agreed and tracked to completion
- Undertake system security reviews to provide management with assurance that risks are being managed in line with business unit risk appetite
- Provide ongoing security assurance of third party suppliers
- Validate the effectiveness of security controls by undertaking reviews and assessments of key IT and business processes
- Manage the security policy exceptions process
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices including ISO27000 series and PCI-DSS
- Holds a relevant Security qualification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, PCI ISA, ISO27001 lead auditor
- Is confident in their technical expertise and can explain technical issues in simple terms
- Can lead diverse teams to undertake security threat and risk assessments
- Is able to take a pragmatic view of the application of technology whilst understanding the balance between the management of risk and the capability for the Business to continue to operate.
- Exposure to a broad-range of security technologies in a complex environment
- Good knowledge of Internet-borne threats relevant to an online business
- Good knowledge of security governance for cloud-based services
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.