Key Roles & Responsibilities
1.To relieve front line operational police officers of admin tasks involved with investigations of crime and other incidents including taking statements of evidence from victims of crime or those involved in other incidents and witnesses to such occurrences.
In addition to the Investigator role - interview as tasked, suspects in custody for criminal offences. This will include the exercise of designated powers under the Police Reform Act (arrest at a police station, search and seizure).
2. To produce complete and accurate prosecution files, including full disclosure of unused material, for delivery in accordance with Court deadlines, thereby improving the quality of evidence presented and enhancing the prospect of a successful prosecution.
3. To undertake primary and secondary investigations, house to house enquiries, securing and preserving forensic evidence or other evidence relating to investigations or incidents, to enhance the quality of the prosecution file for court and CPS in accordance with relevant force policies and procedures.
4. To manage each case individually using effective decision making to ensure that all enquiries necessary to prepare case files are identified and completed within designated timescales, through active personal involvement and in association with other investigative officers.
5. To attend court and give evidence in relation to those aspects of any investigation which are within the post holders’ personal knowledge
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Intelligence jobs in Maidenhead
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Policing jobs in Maidenhead
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Security jobs in Maidenhead
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Counter Terrorism jobs in Maidenhead
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Investigation jobs in Maidenhead