Category - Engineering
Location - Cambridge, United Kingdom
Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
We are seeking an Integrated Logistics Support engineer on a permanent basis. Hours shall be 37 per week Monday to Friday, with Friday attendance being non-negotiable, based at Cambridge although some travelling may be required.
We are a specialist provider of more than 80,000 vehicle bodies and more than 5,000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations. We have also achieved significant success in the provision of solutions and capability across the military, security, non-government and commercial markets. Outstanding customer service remains at the heart of all that we do. We take pride in regularly exceeding customers’ expectations in the design, management, supply and support of sophisticated operational solutions and services to cost and to time.
Reporting to the ILS Manager, the role of the ILS engineer is as follows:-
- To undertake ILS tasks in accordance with the customer requirements and to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Early influence of design to produce an effective support solution in terms of optimised Whole Life Costs.
- Indentify and develop support resource requirements.
- To ensure that ILS tasks are undertaken and managed in accordance with the ILS programme.
Areas of responsibility include:
- To undertake ILS tasks in accordance with Def Stan 00-600, Joint Service Publication 886 and customer specifications and requirements.
- To identify any problem areas of the design that would have a high cost and supportability impact on the product and to recommend alternative solutions in a timely manner.
- To identify areas of poor reliability, maintainability and testability in the design and recommend improvements or alternative solutions.
- To undertake Availability, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability analysis taskings in accordance with Def Stan 00-40, 00-42 and customer specifications.
- To populate the Logistic Support Analysis Record with the analysis carried out in accordance with Def Stan 00-600 and customer specifications.
- To provide support in the writing of ILS plans for tender proposals.
- To ensure that tasks are completed in an appropriate timely manner to the customer’s requirements.
- To support other Integrated Support Activities such as Training Needs Analysis in accordance with Defence Systems Approach to Training and information for the development of Technical publications.
- Project level ILS budget and schedule management.
This description is a minimum and in general the ILS Engineer will be responsible for ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction through first class service, on-time delivery, product excellence and adherence to customer requirements.
The successful applicant shall have excellent written and verbal communication so as to clearly express views and ideas reinforced with the ability to interact with all levels of Staff and Customers both internally and externally. A minimum of 2 years ILS experience is required, preferable on military projects, augmented by budget and project control experience. With qualifications being an engineering degree or equivalent experience.
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Access to a healthcare plan
- An excellent flexible benefit scheme
- Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
This is a permanent role and Aeropeople are operating as an employment agency managing the recruitment services for our client. We are a leading global technical services provider with specialist teams dealing with the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.