Fibre Audit Technician
Fibre Audit Technician is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 12 month contract (to be taken in 6 month durations), to be based UK-wide (London, Bracknell, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, North Wales, Chester, Crewe, Sheffield)
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Audit and consolidation of existing fibre estate removing any redundant or over length fibres, re-labelling fibre, and ensuring all fibre identified on site is documented and reported to offshore colleagues to enable the update and alignment of fibre inventory systems.
- Once a site has been through the audit process you will be installing new standardised ODF equipment, to future proof our future requirements.
- The successful applicant will have an understanding of telecoms transmission having previously worked on fibre optic cables, typical circuit labelling
- Knowledge of fibre test principle and equipment (OTDR, live fibre tester, fibre microscope etc.) is desirable
- IOSH health and safety course (or similar) that covers; risk and hazards of working in head ends or exchange environments.
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.