Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer - SC Cleared
The Senior Software Developer will work in a multi-disciplined development team, supporting and delivering solutions. The current solutions are based on IBM WebSphere so any experience of that would be advantageous however not essential.
The Software developer will provide 4th line support to the live solutions as well as building new and enhancing existing capabilities built on the Enterprise Service Bus platform for Command and Battlespace Management (CBM ESB), working as part of the development team. The team are regularly involved in wider groups initiatives and as such are also often tasked to build prototypes, facilitate demonstrations and help further my clients (and their customers) technical roadmap, involving investigative work into a range of new technologies on the way.
The Software developer will be responsible for:
- The entire end to end development, extension and support of the CBM ESB solution, working under their own direction and leading others.
- The entire end to end development, extension and support of a Search solution, built on the CBM ESB, working under thier own direction and leading others.
- The entire end to end development, extension and support of other small to medium size solutions, built on the CBM ESB, working under their own direction and leading others.
- Providing 4th line support to live (and potentially other) environments, on new and existing solutions.
Knowledge and experience of all of the following:
- Leading Software Development - Ideally .Net but if not, JAVA or other programming language
- Strong Web Applications/Services design and development (SOAP/REST and WSDL)
- Strong ESB/SOA Design and Development Experience
- XML, XSLT
- IBM WebSphere ESB products e.g. IIB/Message Broker and MQ
- Search Technologies e.g. Apache Lucene/Solr or other
- .NET / ASP.NET Development
- API Management / Microservices / Docker/ Node.js / 'Mean stack' etc
Due to the nature of the work, the successful Software Developer will already need to hold valid SC security clearance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.