Data Centre Engineer
Job Role: Data Centre Engineer
Salary/Rate: Market Rates
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Data Centre Engineer - Contract - London - Market Rates
- Policing of the internal and external technical spaces, reporting deficiencies in the following areas to the Data Centre Services Lead. Strict adherence to operational processes, scheduling and resource planning.
- Maintain access control lists and assisting in the internal design and redesigning of technical space when required.
- Using the data centre management tool, assist with technical planning for equipment decommissioning, movement and deployment.
- Maintain the 'process and procedure' documentation relating to all aspects of the data centre management as well as testing and deployment of data centre management and planning tools.
- Utilise acceptance criteria and procedures for the installation of IT infrastructure, ensuring that operational environments are maintained to the highest standards in accordance with industry best practice.
- Ensure that all IT infrastructure is operated in accordance with security, health and safety and other appropriate organisation policies.
- Provision of relevant and accurate management information for all areas of responsibility including but not limited to utilisation, availability and performance.
- A working knowledge of Aperture Vista-500.
- Previous working experience of working a data centre.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.