SC Cleared* Oracle DBA - 12c/DataGuard/Goldengate/Sybase ASE
SC Cleared* Oracle DBA (Oracle 12c, Oracle DataGuard, Oracle Goldengate, Sybase ASE database, RACONE) is urgently required by our Global Defence and IT Services Company for an initial 3 month contract, to be based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear (2-days from home). The successful applicant will be working as part of a large project team who are migrating a large scale Sybase ASE database to a virtualised Oracle solution.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Oracle 12c high availability configuration (Oracle Grid-Infrastructure) with Oracle DataGuard and Oracle Goldengate.
- Design, build, tune, support and patch Oracle Real Application Clusters (RACONE) cluster and (Pluggable and Container) databases.
- Deploy highly available database solutions using multi-node Oracle clustering technologies, enabling RACONE with disaster recovery solutions utilising Oracle's data Guard technology to provide a real time failover solution.
- Implement and support Oracle Enterprise manager and bespoke scripts. (Shell, PLSQL (Primary skills), Python & Perl scripts (Secondary skills)).
- Performance tuning of the Oracle database to ensure that database platform is performant and able to meet all agreed SLAs, utilising a combination of Reports.
- Implement Oracle Recovery Manager backup solutions (backup, recovery) using bespoke scripts to ensure backup and recovery options are efficient, integrating with available NetBackup solution.
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party to manage test cycles.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.