Our client, a 'AAA' studio specialising in the development of free-to-play Mobile Games is seeking a talented Senior programmer (mobile) with experience and expertise in the mobile and online domain. The main responsibilities of the Senior programmer would be to make various modules for the game, architect new features with other programmers and mentor the programming team.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Create various gaming components for mobile games that can support multi-million user base.
* Write clean, robust, reusable code.
* Debug, optimize and maintain existing code.
* Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
* Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
* Educate other team members on programming issue and concepts.
* Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one mobile game.
* Solid experience developing mobile applications for iOS or Android
* Proven experience in working on an online game that has more than 1 million user base.
* Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
* Should be very keen to keep the game under the memory requirement and to maintain 60fps.
* Should have very thorough understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model/ MVC pattern.
* Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
* Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP and knowledge in various backend technologies like PHP, Java is a plus.
* Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Objective-C) would be preferred.
* Should be fluent in English and should hold good communication skills to interact with various teams.
* A passion for creating or playing games and team player.
* Minimum 7 years of programming experience in games.
* A Bachelor's degree preferably in technology would be preferred or any other training or equivalent.
Allegis Group Limited and Aston Carter Limited operate Employment Businesses and Agencies and are companies within the Allegis Group Inc. group of companies, the fourth largest staffing company in the world, (collectively referred to as the "Allegis Group"). TEKsystems and Aerotek are divisions of Allegis Group Limited. Applicant data will be treated in accordance with the Allegis Group's Privacy Notice http://www.allegisgroup.com/Privacy/Default.aspx). By submitting personal data to any company or division within the Allegis Group, the applicant is providing explicit consent to the use of such data by the Allegis Group and to the transfer of such data to and from the Allegis Group companies within the UK, Europe and outside the European Economic Area in connection with the fulfilment of the applicant's voluntary requests, and the fulfilment of other job opportunities that match the applicant's profile, and confirms that they may be contacted about such job opportunities.