It's an exciting time to join the HR function at AWE. We are seeking a HR Advisor on a fixed term contract of 12 months based at our site in Coulport, Argyll and Bute in Scotland.
The HR advisor will be the first point of contact for transactional HR services whilst working to agreed service levels and delivering excellent customer service.
- Maintaining, review and update all local and manual processes and trackers
- Supporting with investigations, recruitment, induction, manual payroll processes and minute taking as required
- Ensuring HR related documentation both hard copy and electronic is appropriately handled, managed and retained in compliance with data privacy regulations, including supporting the archiving process
- Ensuring the HR information system or manual system is accurately updated and transactions are processed in a timely fashion
- Coaching line managers, employees and candidates in the effective use of self-service technologies, the portal and HR reports and local manual systems
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and suggest changes to enhance services, systems or address issues
- Assisting in the development, testing and maintenance of HRIS
- Providing cover for colleagues during periods of absence and peak workload demands
- Maintaining understanding of up to date employment regulations, applicable laws and company policy
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in a service oriented team delivering transaction services along with knowledge of HR information systems. It would be desirable for candidates to have CIPD qualification at Level 3. Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain security clearance for this role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.