Emergency Response Officers
Wilson James are recruiting for an Emergency Response Officers to work for a large German multinational vehicle manufacturer based within the Oxford area. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company in this busy and varied role. You will have use of a brand new company car for transportation around the site.
You will be given full training so previous experience in a similar role is not required, making this a great opportunity to develop your career. Successful applicants will be flexible and reliable, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have experience within a customer service environment. To carry out this role you will need to be IT literate and have excellent organisation skills.
- Control Room operation – log book, CCTV, fire & security alarm panels, communication between security department and associates/contractors/visitors, emergency calls, escalation of incidents, administration of records, documents, paperwork, key issuing, daily shift handover reports, adhoc requests, daily workload administration – alarm tests, sprinkler drain downs.
- Medical emergency response – responding to request, 1st aid medical treatment on scene, escalation to and liaising with external services, accident forms, report writing,
- 1st aid requests dealt with at Occupational Health Department (OHD) (out of duty nurse hours of business)
- Accident report writing, medical reports, medical log, transfer requests from OHD to/from hospital
- Flood response – pumping, creation of damns, clean up, reporting
- Responding to spillages that may have a contamination impact to the environment – oil, paint, solvents, petrol/diesel etc - contain, clean up, escalation, report breathing apparatus trained, use of gas detection equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), spill kits, vetta drainage inflation equipment
- To ensure that the onsite Fire Station is well maintained and in good order.
- Valid SIA licence
- Full clean driving licence
- Be physically able to carry out the role and able to pass a fire related medical
- Experience us wearing/using breathing equipment
- Hold a valid First Aid certificate.
- Bespoke Fire Fighter course
- Advanced First Aid training package
- Working in confined spaces training
- Working on a weekly basis with staff from the fire services
Hours: Averaging 42 hours per week - no fixed shift pattern
Benefits: Holiday allowance, company pension scheme, free onsite parking, subsidised canteen, excellent training and development
To apply, click 'apply' quoting the job reference and attach your CV