Planning and Co-Ordination Manager
Planning and Co-Ordination Manager
We are currently seeking a permanent Planning and Co-Ordination Manager, based at our Coulport site in Argyll and Bute (Scotland).
The Planning and Co-Ordination Manager will be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of Trident Special Area (TSA) Value Streams including production, internal supply chain and magazine/stores operations, in support of CASD and Convoy Programs. They will also provide the managerial function to the TSA Warehousing Staff and is responsible for the routine management of TSA magazine and stores buildings.
- Planning and facilitating internal operational movements
- Ensuring that the system of work for designated Radiation Controlled Areas are maintained and operated
- Understanding the Departmental regulations governing the use of equipment in processing and storage buildings ensuring that equipment complies with these regulations or that appropriate deviations cover specific areas of non-compliance
- Ensuring that serviceable equipment is available for use.
- Guaranteeing that planned and emergent outputs of the TSA are delivered to time and to schedule
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholder's within the company, client and other partners to ensure planned production targets are met
- Liaising with the client to support training exercises carried out in TSA.
- Ensuring that staff maintains appropriate standards of training, competency and qualifications
- Representing the Alliance at meetings and committees as required. To be an agent for continuous change and business improvements through the implementation of change processes, provide encouragement, coaching, support and recognition to staff to innovate all aspects of delivery
- Ensuring strict compliance with MOD mandated security requirements, including documentation, within the TSA are understood and adhered to
- Guaranteeing support to the Depot audit programme and co coordinating audit and other deficiency reports raised against the building(s) within area of operation
- Ensuring that progress is monitored and controlled against targets and forecast and that reports and statistics are provided
- Leading, coaching & developing a team of leaders and influencing others at specialism or functional level to create & deliver operational plans
The successful candidate must have previous experience working within a manufacturing or production environment along with either a HND in engineering or business based degree or equivalent. It would be desirable for the successful candidate to have a programme or planning or project management qualification. If successful the candidate must be willing to obtain and maintain security clearance for this role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.