Software Security Architect
This senior role is a great opportunity for a Security Architect. You will be part of a team delivering solutions for next generation of advanced systems. The role involves building strong relationships with project and technical teams to ensure that the security strategy is aligned with those teams' objectives and their overall business strategy. You will maintain a deep level of expertise in at least one technical domain (e.g. Crypto techniques, threat modelling, anti-tamper approaches, etc.)
- Providing / contributing to thought leadership in the area(s) of expertise.
- Assessing security requirements and proposing solutions that deliver a cost-effective security solution. This may entail negotiation with systems teams to ensure that security requirements are appropriate to complement the overall system need.
- Working with other security architects from different domains responsible for technical security risk assessments of new projects, and mitigation of risk associated with existing projects.
- Functioning as main technical point of contact for software development product teams as it relates to security.
- Conducting complete lifecycle security architecture and technical assessments.
- Working with cross-functional projects and teams to establish security development lifecycle practices within application products.
- Responsible for secure design, development and operation of software products and services.
- Providing consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies
What's in it for you?
- This is an exciting role for someone with a passion for delivering complex and secure software solutions. You will be working with technology at the forefront of system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers rely on.
- Many of our products and components used in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Your skills will be developed through a mixture of project exposure and formal training.
- Ideally you will have Developed Vetting (DV) clearance but must be willing to apply for it.
- Familiarity with the use of anti-tamper and cryptographic technology techniques to counter threats to information assets.
- Acquainted with penetration testing with an ability to review and advice on how to counter vulnerabilities
- Possess a strong knowledge of communication encryption and able to evaluate cryptographic strength.
- Experience of software, hardware & human threat modelling
- Understanding of broad technology vulnerabilities including: BIOS, Operating System and software languages.
- Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software and Systems Security, combined with experience in the development of cryptographic software solutions. You will have been responsible for the delivery of secure software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and within an international context. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace or telecoms.
- Able to show capability in developing low-level code using appropriate languages, e.g. C, C++, Ada, and / or be able to direct others to do so.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards and guidelines such as CERT, IADN6, SPARK and MISRA would be desirable.
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK DV level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.
More jobs like this
- £100,000 - £109,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in Hertfordshire
- £100,000 - £109,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Hertfordshire
- £100,000 - £109,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Hertfordshire
- £100,000 - £109,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Security jobs in Hertfordshire
- £100,000 - £109,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Surveillance jobs in Hertfordshire