Software Team Leader / Software Manager (Embedded Software)
Our client, an innovative technology organisation and a leader in their field are currently looking to recruit a software Team Lead / Software Manager.
We're looking for someone who can lead project teams of 5-10 Software Engineers through the full design and development life-cycle.
Working in multi-disciplinary teams you'd get the chance to work on some very high-tech and innovative mission-critical projects.
Role & responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the design development and delivery of software for a number os complex systems
- Leading a team of talented Embedded Software Engineers
- Working closely with the Senior Management and Software Architects to ensure consistency and technical excellence in the software produced.
- Ensuring that principles of design for modularity and re-use are applied effectively and efficiently.
- Ensuring application of software development plans and configuration control are used in accordance with our strategic approach across the group.
- Working closely with the Design Authority, and the End User organisations to ensure clear and concise requirements are in place supporting optimal design solutions to be delivered.
- Ideally, we are looking for an experienced Software team leader able to make decisions for software development. Applicants with significant, related, software development experience will also be considered for development into the role
- You will have a strong ability to manage a team of typically 7 software developers.
- You will need to be able to communicate effectively to people at all levels in the company across a range of mediums.
- You will have experience in working in a high technology environment where the quality and accuracy of work is essential.
- You will understand requirements and available design solutions so that you can produce accurate and cost effective estimates of work to be undertaken.
- You will be required to provide regular reports to demonstrate progress achieved and to confidently deliver software solutions to time, cost and quality.
- You will have a good understanding of software and the software development process to be able to provide effective management oversight.
- You will have a good understanding of technology used in the test equipment and the unit under test to enable correct choices to be made when needed.
- You will have project management skills to ensure good planning, delivery and cost control of software developed in the team.
- Other desirable qualities are:
- Knowledge of Software configuration management tools and techniques.
- Understanding of standard communications and test equipment interfaces.
- Have an ability to influence product test strategy.
- You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing a collaborative relationship with other team members.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences.
- An approach focused on a timely high quality solution.
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.