Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a leading hi-tech engineering organisation is currently looking to hire a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Embedded Software Engineer to join a growing Development Facility.
Role & responsibilities:
- You will be developing embedded, real-time systems application software for next generation systems
- This is a hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
- You will be developing software using SysML/UML and/or Matlab/Simulink, and targeting C, C++ and/or Ada languages.
Why should you apply?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of the products and components in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration
- They offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What's great about the team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced systems in the world. They apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
- You will ideally have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of embedded software. You will have been responsible for complex software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others are essential.
- You will have gained experience in model-based development - either using UML tools such as IBM's Rhapsody; or Matlab/Simulink.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA would be advantageous.
- You will have significant previous experience with embedded C, C++ and/or Ada. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems and tools such as IBM Rational Team Concert.
- You will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Be capable of developing long term collaborative relationships with team members.
- Be able to benefit from their and your knowledge and enthusiasm to produce high quality products in a timely manner.
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.