Our client, a leading engineering organisation is currently looking to recruit a FPGA Engineer to work across a diverse portfolio of high-tech projects.
Skills / experienced required:
- Ideally we are looking candidates that are degree qualified or equivalent
- Candidates will need to demonstrate their capability through the completion of several complex FPGA designs using Xilinx, and/or Altera FPGA devices (including SoC configurations using Power PC or ARM cores) preferably in a defence or associated environment
- Knowledge of Image processing and Safety related design in the context of FPGA's and the verification of such devices
- Candidates will be able to show that they keep their knowledge of the trends in FPGA technologies up to date
- Deep and demonstrable capability in the use of CAE Design tools (Xilinx EDK, Xilinx ISE, Xilinx XST, Mentor Graphics HDL Designer, Precision Synthesis, ModelSim)
- Inherent drive to be part of gaining and spreading knowledge throughout the team to improve its medium/long term capability
- Ability to communicate through presentations, verbally and via written reports
- Strong personal abilities with a focus on and desire to achieve the delivery of tasks to schedule
Why is this worth applying for?
- The range of demanding requirements, the use of the latest technologies and the expectations to deliver to demanding timescales provides a demanding environment for Engineers who want to show they have a high performance attitude and the desire to reach the highest capability in this demanding field.
- The scope to tackle technically demanding projects, develop new capabilities in all aspects, including leadership is an opportunity that should not be missed by any aspiring engineer. Opportunities to progress to higher grades, including our formal Technical Expert grades provide further motivation for those particularly motivated by the technology route.
- Technology in this area is advancing rapidly. To ensure we maintain our capability we join with our FPGA colleagues in France in preparing the next generation re-usable designs via demanding research programmes.
- If this sounds of interest to you then please apply now to find out more.
Due to the nature of the work my client conducts, candidates will be required to either hold or obtain a minimum of UK SC level Security Clearance. Please familiarise yourself with this process before applying.